Who we are
Wimborne Wayfarers Hockey Club takes the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect and how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Categories of personal data we collect
- Name and date of birth
- Contact details
- Medical/specific requirements information
- Disability information
- Emergency contact details
- Sporting experience information
- Video/Photography agreement
- Participation agreement
Our sources of the personal data
We obtain personal data from:
- The parent/legal guardian registering a child to join the club
- Club coaches and junior co-ordinator
- Medical practitioners
Purposes for which we process personal data
The club will process the personal data for:
- Administering bookings and attendance at sessions
- Dealing with medical needs/specific requirements
- Supporting the delivery of hockey sessions
- For training and competition entry
- Reporting of participation and any incidents and of figures and trends (including equality and inclusion information)
- For quality and improvement monitoring
Who we may disclose your personal data to
- England Hockey
- Coaches and junior co-ordinators for administration of training sessions
- Volunteers who support the delivery of sessions.
- County Hockey Associations that support the programmes you have registered for
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- for administration and programme delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent, or is in the child’s vital interests.
- in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to build a programme to encourage participation in hockey and does not prejudice or harm rights and freedoms of parents / guardians or the children that join the programme.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location of your personal data
The Club will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with Wimborne Wayfarers Hockey Club as a member.
3 years after you cease to be a member of the Club or play an active part in the Club, we shall delete your data.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our contact information
Website administrator: Lorna Edwards
Club Treasurer: Michael Harvey
7 Dryden Close,
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch with the named person at the club. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.